Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sports Inferno shows me some love...


Yesterday my publisher sent copies of the book to, in my humble opinion, two of the best sports guys in the D. Hosts of the formerly titled The Sports Inferno, Mike Valenti and Terry Foster's talk show is now called, well, Valenti & Foster (regular listeners know the station and show have went through myriad names since 1270 AM went simulcast-crazy with the switch to 97.1 FM). Of course, being the shameless promoter of my work that I am (it's dog-eat-dog out there, pun intended), I was angling to maybe get shown a little love from these two fine gentlemen (i.e., interview). Terry Foster is a well-respected sportswriter for the Detroit News, and Mike Valenti continues his meteoric rise as the most entertaining and energetic man on the local airwaves (he'll be national one day-heard it hear first). If you haven't listened to them, their show airs from 2-6 p.m. Mon-Fri. Mike, being Italian, seemed a receptive audience for the kinds of stories that are in my book. He's spoken at length of disobedient hunting dogs, pinky rings and chesty women, and who doesn't like that combination?

Anyhow, I received a really nice email from Mike, saying he got the books, and that he said he'd give me a shout out during the week. Also, that he ordered two copies for gifts, etc. Again, a real thrill for me that folks actually find it interesting and worthwhile enough to go through the process of ordering or buying it, let alone shelling out hard-earned dough for it. But then, as I'm driving to the optometrist, listening to him and Terry on the radio, he thanks me for the book, gives a nice little synopsis of what the stories are about, and tells the audience where the last two signings are! Needless to say, I was knocked out. I'm hoping to maybe get on their show for a short interview, though with the BLOCKBUSTER trade the Tigers just pulled off (YEE-HA!), that looks doubtful, at least this week.
Anyway, check them out. There's a link to the right to go to their home page. They are truly knowledgeable and entertaining.

No comments: