Friday, December 7, 2007

The Bruise online magazine


I graduated from Northern Michigan University in 1984. One of the things I remember with fondness from my time there in the 80s, besides my six-pack abs (really!) and mullett, was a cat named Mark Shepherd. Mark was maybe the most laid-back dude in the world, perhaps challenged only by Spiccoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High or "The Dude" in The Big Lebowski. Anyway, in addition to having really cool surfer looks, Mark was a very talented artist and designer. I later found out he has had his work published in mags ranging from Esquire to Playboy. The man's work is solid. His magazine, The Bruise is available online. I really have no accurate way of describing the Bruise other than to say it's totally unique and visually arresting. But there's all kinds of images, and if you want a take on what's now in pop culture, The Bruise is the place. I've added it to my links, so check it out. You can even submit work for consideration.
Way to go Mark!

No comments: