Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's A Guy Thing is hilarious


My buddy Scott Seegert's book, It's A Guy Thing, (Three Rivers Press) is a flippin' hilarious take on the goofy ideas us men come up with. There are over 70 actual patents in it, accompanied by the drawings that were submitted with the papers. The great thing about the book though is Seegert's witty, dry take on each "invention". Make no mistake, even though his tongue is planted in his cheek as he's commenting on the absurd nature of these "contributions to mankind," there's a trace of awe and envy in his voice as he describes Jack's No-Slip Hairpiece, or Albert's Helmet-Mounted Pistol. I'm not making that up and neither is he; you couldn't try to make this stuff up. It's a great gift for anyone who is a handyman, or better yet, thinks he is a handyman. Show Scott some love and buy his book for the inventor in your life. Click the title of the post to go to his Amazon page, or look for it at the bookstore in the humor section.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Joe. I should have had you write my press release. Thanks so much for the kind words - although now I'm going to have to add a links page to my website in order to return the favor.

Joe Borri said...

My pleasure Scott. I wouldn't post it if it wasn't all true. You've penned a real gem, and once the writer's strike is over, and all the stupid reality shows start to fizzle out, maybe someone will get wise and pick up the pilot based on your book.