Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back in Detroit


Came back from a week in Aruba sans chillen. That's the view from the lanai. The ocean is off to the right and we overlooked a massive pool from our fourth floor suite. Went with my three brother-in-laws and sister-in-laws, along with my lovely wife. Man, tough to get back in the swing of things. I decided to start back heavy into my writing, and have started the second draft of my novel, The Claw. Definitely needed the time away more than I thought, and aside from the constant FREAKING WIND, Aruba is a beautiful island. The people are extremely nice, VERY LAID BACK, which drove me crazy most of the time (especially waiting for dinner), and the water is as blue as Windex. Drank the local brew (Balashi) and it tasted so damn good I probably pounded more than I had since college. Anyway, I'm going to dedicate myself to becoming a better artist and writer so that I can afford to visit more places without such huge gaps of time in between. Good to be back in the USA.

No comments: