Monday, January 4, 2010

2010

The New Year brings hope and possibilities to everyone, and I'm no exception. From a personal standpoint, my goal is to find a literary agent that gets my work, believes in what I'm trying to say, and helps me find a national publisher. I've written two more books, these are both novels (the first was a collection of short stories). I've been rejected several times from major agents and though I've got thick skin, there are some weak spots developing from repeatedly getting socked around in the same spot (namely my gut!). I aim to keep writing, knowing that the only way to get better is to keep working. It's draining, mentally and physically, but I feel a calling I can't explain. To a great degree, it's out of your hands as an artist and writer. God, fate, luck all play a major part in it, sometimes moreso (but doubtfully very often) than talent.

My wish is that those who reach for unconventional dreams, can continue to mine the will from their souls to continue working hard and striving toward their goal, stay positive and not let "the bastards grind them down".

No comments: