Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dog Days Coming

Summer has flown by, and I wonder if it's more because of the awful start we had. There was never that nice transition into spring. It seems that now all we have is fading winter then BOOM! Hot summer days. This year it was cold/hot/cold/hot then boatloads of rain. I can't believe all the rain. Everything looks so much greener than normal. The canopies up north are more lush, the grass at home is greener. But now I'm starting to feel that drag-ass weather coming, where soon we'll just melt the days and wait for fall.

I'm polishing my novel, working on the 3rd rewrite. It's around 123,000 words, though I have no idea what it will be pared down to.

2 comments:

P. J. Grath said...

You need a dog, Joe! (Probably only one or two, not eight.) My whole perspective on spring was different this year, because I was out in the woods and fields every day with my puppy. Also, up here in Northport, the dog days of August bring the Northport Dog Parade. It's August 9 this year. If only you could come and enter an Eight-Dogs-Named-Jack float, you'd surely win a big prize!

Joe Borri said...

Pamela
One day after the kids are older, maybe when Maria is sick of me (more than she is now) I'll get a springer spaniel or German short-hair, name him Jack, and take walks with him, espousing miseries. Until then, too much responsibility. Was Dorene up your way? We're supposed to have lunch. Summer's flying by. Wish I could make the parade. I'll be there in spirit.
God bless,
Joe