Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Favorite Shows


There are a lot of funny shows on TV. During the writes' strike, I missed The Office, 30 Rock, heck, even Desperate Housewives. But I really love House, M.D. The show really grew on me. Hugh Laurie, the lead character, possesses a wry inflection that never tires. He's really created one of the more iconic, memorable characters in television. While much of the plots are merely window dressing to allow House to espouse his cynical take on the cast and the emergency situation at hand, it's all great fun. Do you have a favorite show now? And what shows from the past are untouchable as far as Top 10? Mine are below, in no particular order:
1. All in the Family
2. M*A*S*H
3. Taxi
4. Seinfeld
5. Barney Miller
6. NYPD Blue
7. Hill Street Blues
8. Cop Rock.
That was a joke.
8. The Bob Newhart Show (the Suzanne Pleshette one)
9. The Jeffersons
10. Night Court

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm glad Cop Rock was a joke. I was going along with your list fine until I hit that one. I'm still breathing a sigh of relief!

Joe Borri said...

Diane,
Had to throw in the crazy CR as a gag. I'm sure it's a list that could go on and on. I'll be putting up a caricature later of my son, Gino. He's 16 today. Check back if you have a moment.

P. J. Grath said...

Definitely with you on "Hill Street Blues," which I still miss. Also on my list would be "Northern Exposure." Am loving your caricatures, by the way--did I already tell you that?

Joe Borri said...

hi Pamela
Glad you like the drawings. Forgot about Northern Exposure. I really liked that as well, though it would have to be in a top 20 list. People always complain about the "crap" on TV. Deep down, people LOVE THEM SOME TV!!!
Hope you're well.