Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sunshine in November


I feel fortunate and blessed to be able to make a living doing something I love. After 20 years in commercial art & design sales, 18 of them at a leading Detroit creative studio, being employed as a staff artist, and having the chance to draw every day keeps me invigorated and aware of how important it is to take the gifts God gives us, even if we're not the best in our field. By using them every day, they become stronger, just like any muscle when we try to stay in shape (something I've struggled with since the onset of children). So even on a dreary day like today started out as, I feel alive and connected to the world, because that part of my soul that needs creativity feels sated. Hope all of you out there are making the effort to continue developing the gift within you that makes you unique. JB

No comments: