Friday, November 2, 2007

Eight Dogs a finalist in the USABookNews Awards

The publisher let me know that 8DNJ was selected as a finalist in the USABookNews Awards, Fiction, Short Story category. My first reaction to this news (after, "is there a cash prize?") was the old, "Any organization that would give me an award is one I wouldn't want to belong to." But then I got to thinking, even though I have absolutely no idea what the USABook News is, I'm sort of happy that they selected my book as a finalist. So I thank you USABN, wherever you are.

3 comments:

P. J. Grath said...

Joe, congratulations! I could not be more pleased.

Dorene said...

Wow, that's terrific, Jack (wink, wink)! When will the final decision be made? This is wonderful news!

Joe Borri said...

Thanks for the kudos, Dorene. Actually, the final decision's been made. I guess the finalist is a nicer way of saying nominee, perhaps. There's a website that has all the finalists and winners. The winner of the short story was a compilation of artists matching up with different stories. It was pretty conceptual, and quite an interesting collection.