Thursday, October 25, 2007

Royal Oak Barnes & Noble Signing


I'll be at the Barnes & Noble on Main Street tomorrow, from 7-9, for a discussion and book signing. I'l read a few excerpts from selected stories, and then take any questions from the "audience". Hopefully an audience will constitute a group of three or more people, but you never know at these things. The November issue of Traverse Magazine came out today. They actually put my name on the cover! I was stunned to see it there. The first 4,200+ words of Measure of a Man are excerpted, and they built a widow page where their readership can finish the story. I feel honored and blessed that the people at Traverse thought enough of my story to feature it in their publication. I have Patty LaNoue Stearns to thank for showing my book and illustrations to the staff at Traverse, most notably Emily Tyra, who gave me so much consideration.

2 comments:

P. J. Grath said...

Thanks for the reminder that I need to pick up "Traverse" this month to see the excerpt. I'll be interested to see how layout, etc., was handled, too. Hope the signing went well yesterday. You're right that "You never know." It's raining here today, and many people e-mailed to tell me they would be out of town, so I have no clue how many people will show for Erin's reading/signing. Just do what we can, then hope for the best.

Joe Borri said...

Hi Pamela,
The signing was a disappointment in terms of sales, but I was visited by two friends from the ad industry, Dan Willey and Tim McCaffrey and his lovely wife, Kellyann. Having people that I've known for years take the time to come out and show support means alot to me. And it makes the sting of a thin crowd not hurt so much. Additionally, two other buddies, Joe Doa and Andrew Brown, an accomplished writer, and Maria's cousin Sammy stopped by too. All in all, Fridays have just not been good nights for me. Thanksfully, the ones I have set up in November and December are all weeknights or Sundays.