Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Agent search is tough

One of the things people ask me at signings, is how did I get published. What was the process; Do you have an agent, etc. Lately I've been trying to get an agent to handle things because I don't want to wear that hat and try to write, too. It's difficult enough to sit down late at night and put stories down, transcribing them from that place in your brain onto paper before they're forgotten or diluted, without having to try and find a home for them. Even with a book in print, albeit a regional press, it's an uphill battle to try and get someone to rep you. Juggling kids and a day job, I've decided to not get too high, not get too low and try and enjoy the ride this book has been.

1 comment:

P. J. Grath said...

Who knows? It might have taken you longer with an agent. I'm just pleased that you and Momentum found each other and that you were able to have so much input into the final product. Best wishes for continued success from Pamela!