Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The original Big Joe


I love old photos. Here's one of my father when he worked for the Detroit Police Department. That's him 2nd from the end on the right side. The mustache is not there, which was a rare occurrence. It's almost white now and crawls across his face. Taken in 1968, a year after the riots, he's probably my age in this pic, around 45. Hard to believe that I was 6 at that time and remember how he looked, the smell of his cologne, and the easiness of his laugh. Every day he's here is a gift, and for that I am truly thankful.

Salute Big Joe; the greatest father a man could ask for.

4 comments:

moonrat said...

hey! thanks for dropping by--glad you like thebookbook. let me know if you're interested in participating.

Joe Borri said...

hey there moonrat,
my pleasure. did you get a chance to go to my website? it's www.joeborri.net. let me know if you would do a review. i can provide you with a book, and one for a giveaway. thank you,
joe

P. J. Grath said...

I like the picture of your dad, Joe. I see the resemblance, too. Glad you have him around and are appreciating the fact.

Joe Borri said...

Thanks PJ,
He's awesome. Seriously, one of the funniest men alive and a tremendous storyteller. Hope you're well.
Joe