Monday, January 21, 2008

Eight Dogs for Christmas


I was thrilled when a friend of mine, Linda Petty, told me she wanted to buy my book as Christmas gifts for her the male members of her family. This included her father, brothers and brother-in-laws. I signed the books pre-holiday, and getting bogged down in my own Yuletide madness, forgot about it. Today Linda sent me a photo from the holidays with a very thoughtful note. Hopefully the men are still smiling after reading the book, not hoping they'd received ties or socks instead. Thanks again Linda for making my day.

2 comments:

P. J. Grath said...

Only way that could have been better would have been if there'd been eight guys, all named Jack! I know they're enjoying your stories, Joe!

Joe Borri said...

Thanks Pamela. That would be a great way to get into a second printing: put out a plea for anyone named Jack, or who has ever owned a dog named Jack to buy the book...nah! Probably would come across as desperate, huh? Hope you're staying warm up there.